U.S. Ski & Snowboard Member Services Knowledge Base

How do I change my FIS membership from one country to another?

  • The athlete must contact the country they are changing to and ask to be accepted.
  • The country getting the athlete must petition with FIS to have the athlete moved. This must be done at the Spring FIS meeting, usually held in mid-May.
  • The country the athlete is leaving must release the athlete.
  • A copy of the athlete’s passport or other proof of citizenship for the new nation must be provided
  • A copy of a parent’s passport or other proof of citizenship must be provided
  • A letter from the athlete explaining why they want to make the change must be provided
There are no attachments for this article.
Related Articles RSS Feed
What is the difference between Freestyle and Freeskiing?
Viewed 3026 times since Fri, Apr 1, 2016
Ski Racing Subscription
Viewed 1434 times since Thu, Sep 21, 2017
Can I purchase short-term Global Rescue?
Viewed 1340 times since Tue, Apr 12, 2016
Do I need to have a U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership to attend a Level 100 or higher coaches clinic?
Viewed 1106 times since Tue, Sep 20, 2016
I’m a Foreign Athlete, how do I register?
Viewed 3622 times since Fri, Apr 1, 2016
Security Question Help
Viewed 1517 times since Thu, Sep 28, 2017
How do I see my points?
Viewed 165 times since Tue, Aug 24, 2021
What are the different coaching certification levels by sport?
Viewed 685 times since Wed, Sep 21, 2016
I’m a Foreign Athlete and need a FIS license, how do I obtain one?
Viewed 1421 times since Fri, Apr 1, 2016
Where can I find when Coach Certification courses are taking place?
Viewed 1188 times since Thu, Oct 5, 2017