How may I complete SafeSport training?
How do I complete the training?
- Register or login with SafeSport https://safesport.org/authentication/signin
- Please affiliate with U.S. Ski & Snowboard
- Your U.S. Ski & Snowboard member ID is xxxxxxx
- Do not include your division code (A, C, E, F, I, N, R or X) when inputting your member ID
- Doing so may cause a delay in the updating of your completion status
- You will receive a confirmation email to activate your account
- Please check your email (including your spam/junk folder)
- Click the link in the email message
- For technical assistance please contact SafeSport directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is the training required?
The U.S. Center for SafeSport (Center) was created under the law, “Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017.” The Center provides education and requirements consistent with the law, and this training is part of those requirements. The training is required by the Center. It is also a requirement to activate your U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership.
U.S. Ski & Snowboard is committed to providing a safe and positive environment for athletes. Educating those involved in our sports creates awareness and a shared understanding around the concept of SafeSport. Join the more than 525,000 individuals who have completed the U.S. Center for SafeSport training. Do your part to prevent and respond to abuse in sports and keep athlete safety at the forefront.
How often is the training required?
- SafeSport training is required every season to activate your membership.
- The Core Center for SafeSport Training is required once and takes approximately 90 minutes
- The Center’s Refresher course is required every season following the completion of the Core Center for SafeSport Training and takes approximately 20 minutes.
What happens if the training isn’t completed?
- Failure to complete training within 14 days will result in your membership remaining on pending status until all requirements (SafeSport, screening and/or Coaching Fundamentals) have been fulfilled
- You must be SafeSport Trained in order to utilize USOC facilities for training, competition or any other reason.
- You must be SafeSport Trained to participate in U.S. Ski & Snowboard camps and other training activities.
- You will not be eligible to participate in U.S. Ski & Snowboard and FIS events.
Thank you for taking the time to complete your SafeSport training and be part of the commitment to athlete safety.